- It is so easy to live in the prison of discontentment. We focus on what we don’t have instead of what we do have. We focus on someone else wishing we were like him. We get dissatisfied with our circumstances looking for a way out. But, what if God has you right where He wants you?! The fact is that He does so start refocusing your attitude. Let’s take the example of the Apostle Paul in that he learned contentment through the highs and the lows. God is at work. Stop trying to get to “bigger and better.” It’ll steal your joy, and take the anticipation out of life. Read Philippians 4:13 today and remember that the verse truly begins with “all things” meaning that there are no circumstances and situations that you can’t learn to be content in your journey.
- Remember that this week we will NOT be having any mid-week programming. AWANA, Magnify Youth, and all the adult Bible studies are cancelled. Enjoy the extra time with your family, and we will see you next week ready to go on Wednesday at 6:30 PM.
- Graduation Sunday is coming June 4! We will be having our regular schedule that day with a brunch in between recognizing our seniors. The day will be filled with special music and a video highlighting each one of our graduating seniors. Make plans to be here and to offer your congratulations. You will also have the opportunity to give each senior a gift if you so choose. Parents, if you have not gotten your pictures to Pastor Ross, please do so this week. We need the following: one senior, one baby, and two in between pictures.
- Summer Nights is almost here! This is our summer Wednesday night program. This year we are going to continue in the spirit of our school year system in that there will be several classes offered: Leadership (Pastor John), Men (Pastor Dan), Women (Tami Scally), and Seniors (Pastor Dowden). There will also be snacks or desserts each week. The first week we’ll be having ice cream. We’ll supply the ice cream, and you bring your favorite topping to share. There will be a children’s program and a youth program available as well. Summer Nights begins on Wednesday, June 7 at 6:30 PM. Make plans to spend the summer with us on Wednesday nights!
- Action Day Camp for our kids is July 24-28. Make sure you get the form filled out for your kids to attend by either going to the welcome center or finding it here on our website at http://ebcflint.com/eventstraining2/. This is an incredible week filled with Bible learning, exciting games, and special field trips. It is truly one of the highlights of the summer for our kids ministry! The cost is $50 for the entire week, and the program runs from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day. If you have any other questions, you can call the office or talk to Pastor Ross.