- What an incredible day EASTER SUNDAY was at Emmanuel! I want to start by saying thank you to the many people who invested in music, breakfast, drama, technology, set-up, children, security, parking, assimilation, design work, building preparation and so much more! You are servants of the MOST HIGH GOD! Jesus Christ was praised in a magnificent way! We saw almost 900 total people counting both gatherings, and there was a good number of people who raised their hands that they needed to be saved! It was an emotional and powerful day of worship!
- So, what now? Easter may be over, but Jesus Christ lives! Therefore, our work is never done! For the first time in many years, this next Sunday is NOT a part of spring break. So, people should be in town which means that our opportunity is still great. Let’s be aggressive to re-invite those same people back to church this week doing everything in our power to make it happen! The topic for this next Sunday will focus on how to deal with the pain that people cause in your life. Please use this topic as an encouragement to get your family and friends here. It’s the perfect topic for just about all of us as we’ve all been hurt by someone in our past. This is an amazing opportunity! The time is now! Let’s keep the momentum of Easter going this NEXT SUNDAY!
- The time is now to get registered for Lake Ann Camp! You can get a registration form at the welcome center or print one off at http://lakeanncamp.com/summer-camp/dates-info/. Our week is July 10-15. Also, if you are interested in sponsoring a kid for camp or would like to donate, please put your donation in an offering envelope and mark “Lake Ann Camp Sponsorship.” Thank you for your investment in our youth. We are projecting to take 100 kids to camp this summer.
- It is that time of the year again…the Lake Ann men’s retreat! You’re not going to want to miss this amazing time of strength and fellowship for men on April 27-29. If you would like to ride in the church van, we will be leaving on Thursday at 10:00 AM. Registration for the retreat begins at 4:00 PM that day with dinner being served at 6:00 PM. Please make sure you call the office if you are in need of a ride on the van. For more information or to register online, check out http://lakeanncamp.com/retreats/mens-retreat/. Please sign-up at the welcome center.
- It is not too early to register for our Family Conference with South and Riverdale coming May 5-6. It is going to be an amazing weekend filled with general sessions and break-out workshops focused on a variety of family and marriage topics. It is going to be held at South Baptist Church in Flint. The cost of the event is only $20/family. This is also our first joint event of our fellowship that we have recently named CONVERGE GENESEE. We are hoping to build this fellowship with other churches of like-faith and methodology. For more information on the Family Conference, check out www.convergegenesee.org. It is going to be an amazing time of encouragement and training! Plan NOW to come and invite as many people as you can.